Documenting the exploits of a team of runners and cyclists in Northern West Virginia

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's been a busy two weeks!


Consol Energy Racing team members participated in three events over the past two weeks, adding a pair of first place finishes to our growing list of awards. 

Kurtis Hoffman competed in back-to-back weekends, posting a third place finish in his division at the “Derek Hotsinpiller’s Fallen Stars 5K” before winning his division last Saturday at the “Cecil Jarvis Greater Clarksburg 10K”.  Mandy Anderson also ran the Clarksburg race, finishing in the top 5 in her age group.  Mandy’s division was the largest in the event and she beat 25 other racers to claim her spot.  Congratulations to our two fastest runners!

 

Three Consol Energy Racing cyclists were in action Saturday at the “Big Bear 2x12 Mountain Bike Relay” near Bruceton Mills, WV.  The 2x12 format saw duo team members each riding a pair of 12 mile laps; first team to complete the nearly 50-mile circuit wins. 

The Sheets brothers teamed up for the second time in the three-year history of the race.  They were able to shave nearly thirty minutes off their time from 2010, despite a flat tire and some chain issues, to finish sixth. 

Jason reports: 

"I teamed up with Dynamic Physical Therapy Cycling rider Chris Jones.  Chris is a strong rider and was able to build a gap on the 15 teams in our division on his first lap out.  I’m not as fast as Chris, but I was able to maintain our lead as we led wire to wire for my first ever top-spot finish. 

It was much closer at the end than I realized.  I had the fastest guy in our division (and eventual second place finisher) chasing me on the last lap with first place on the line.  In the finish area right after the race he said something to me like “ I was hunting that CONSOL jersey down”, to which I replied “yeah, and I was right here waiting for you”.  At least that’s how I think the conversation went, I was pretty tired."

Below are some photos of the Big Bear action.










No comments:

Post a Comment